Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It is difficult to refocus

I am doing better, but it is slow going right now.  I have been going non-stop for about 6 weeks or more.  I need just a couple of days of rest.  I am feeling very run down and tired.  Yesterday I got all light headed and actually fell asleep for about 2 minutes at work.  I think it was a blood glucose thing but I am not sure.  I have never had much of an issue with blood glucose unless I don't eat.  Well I had just eaten lunch so I do not think that was it.  I had intentions of going to the gym this morning but did not make it.  I think I will try to ride at least a few miles tonight.  Do something anyway and then get back to the gym in the morning.  I think this is the part of the process where people become totally derailed.  I am off plan and have constant food cravings.  I am continually tired over the past several weeks and feel slightly worn down by the process.  This is definitely the lowest point of my weight loss journey.  I would not go so far to say that I am depressed, I just really need a couple of days to let my mind and body rest.  I realize I am rambling.  Maybe instead of riding around the neighborhood I will ride to and from my meeting tonight.  Now that would be something huh.

I will update you with what promises to be a sad weigh in later tonight or tomorrow.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Nothing wrong with taking a couple of days to rest. Constantly thinking about fitness and weight loss can be draining, and it's important to recharge the batteries from time to time. I would think that those that push themselves to burnout are much less likely to get back on track.

Andrew is getting fit said...

Losing weight and getting fit is hard work. Take some time out it's not going to kill you. Just make sure you have a plan to get back into the groove again.

TB--Milwaukee said...

Your body is going through a HUGE change. I remember being light-headed and feeling dizzy a bit too after about 25-30 pound loss. You've lost a HUGE amount in a short time. It will get better. Just watch yourself and see a doctor if you're worried.

new*me said...

Hi...I linked over here from TB's Journey. I agree with everyone. Maybe a trip to the doc just to see if all is okay. Maybe more B-vitamins? My MIL swears by here B-12 shots.