Here we are. Just after the first of the year and it has been a difficult several months. I experienced a weight loss plateau at exactly the wrong time. Nearing the end of the year I just lost all motivation. I lost all will power. And now I am finding that once you have lost it, it is very hard to get back.
So where am I at? I gained 11 lbs in the course of 1 month and now I am trying to get back on track. I need to rid the house of most all unhealthy items again. The will power to say no to those foods is mostly gone. I need to wake up in the morning and just go to the gym. However that motivation that I once had is mostly gone.
Most importantly I need to continue on this journey. I need the swift kick in the ass to tell me to get up off it and start moving again. On Thanksgiving day I ran a 5k for crying out loud!
So looking back 2008 was a great year, lots of amazing things happened. However I want to put the weight loss portion of 2008 behind me. I was proud of what I did but that is in the past now and I have more work to do. No more will I be complacent and say how I lost all this weight in a year. I am focusing on 2009 now.
So lets set some goals shall we.
- 5 visits to the gym per week (30 minutes of cardio minimum)
- Today is the last diet coke of January. No more till February, then only in extreme moderation
- Follow the WW points. It worked before.
- Drink lots and lots of water.
Now for the good stuff
- By April 1st weigh in at 275
- 1 5k prior to April 1st
- Duathlon April 11th - Long course 3 mile run and 15 mile bike
- July 4th weigh in at 250
- Steadily increase distance and get read for the Half marathon in October.
- Return to the Turkey Trot a new man, Again.
OK I promise not to be so long, in fact I am going to get back to regularly scheduled blogging. I am sure I have lost a lot of you but those of you who stuck around are going to be treated to an awesome 2009!