Thursday, June 26, 2008

Starting to come back around... Slowly

I am feeling like I am starting to come back around. I have been eating right most of the week, but have not got to the gym. That should end tonight when I plan to head to the gym late. I might only get in a workout or two before my next weigh in but I would be ok with that considering I did nothing last week. But eating better and getting out last night and mowing the lawn and working up a good sweat made me feel better.

I think life does get in the way as I said before, but I think that I have to make better effort to make sure I get so exercise in and try to make good choices. If mowing the lawn or moving boxes is that exercise then at least it is something. This weekend I will again be carrying boxes up and down stairs for the better part of the day on Saturday. Then Wednesday of next week I head out camping to Roaring River State Park. There are just over 10 miles of hiking trails and I plan to hike every mile while we are there. My 9 year old may not like it to much but I want to get in the exercise and he is on board with my new healthy lifestyle. In addition if I can pick up a bike rack for my truck that does not cost me an arm and a leg I will take my bike down and ride the bike around.

So my attitude is getting better albeit slowly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

checking in on the attitude :) and the exercise since it has been a while since you posted----youve forced me to be a commenter and not a readerlurker....

M.