Monday, February 22, 2010

A question from the viewing audience and The weekend that was

Jacinda asked: I am interested in how many times/amount of time per day you worked out, I'm trying to get a feel for what should be "required" for weight loss.

Well when I was working out and not training for the 5k I ran I was going about 3-4 times a week.  I would do about 45 - 60 minutes on the elliptical and then do a quick run through the weight machines trying to concentrate for on my weak upper body for 2 days a week and then lower for 1.  The logic there was that my legs were getting a good workout carrying my fat butt around.

I will say this.  Start slow and work your way up.  I remember how good I felt when I was eating right and exercising.  I had energy to spare.  That said I cannot just jump right back in.  When I get back on the exercise train I will have to start all over again.  That means 5 minutes on an elliptical and working up from there.

So the weekend was full of challenges.  We went out Friday night to celebrate my Dads birthday.  To a Mexican restaurant.  So I get this dish with grilled chicken, onions and peppers over rice.  I did my best to lay off the rice and did a decent job.  It was a stir fry kinda Saturday with stir fry for lunch and dinner. Sunday rolls around and breakfast out with my friends and half my points gone.  But it was a late breakfast so it ended up working out as best it could.  A tame dinner and some late night carrots.

It is getting easier again.  I am still very hungry by the time I eat.  My body is reacting much like it did the last time I did this, and only now am I recalling that when my body gets dramatically less calories it needs to be fed more frequently. 

I am pretty excited about my weigh in tomorrow and while I am excited to see a loss I am more excited that I feel a bit better.  I feel more clear if that makes sense.  I have less of the afternoon yawns.  I have not chewed up a pepcid since day1 (part 2)  that in itself is a big deal.

More pre-weigh in coverage tomorrow.  

No comments: