Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A loss!


Amazing really. I lost .4 lbs. That would be 4 tenths of 1 pound for those of you who skimmed over the period.

I was anticipating a gain of about a pound or so. That means that this weight watcher is pretty darn happy. Let me just explain to you in a bit more detail what kind of things happened over the weekend. On Friday we went to Strouds. Strouds is world renowned for fried chicken, they also have great pork chops and a pretty mean steak to. Their portions are huge and served family style. I will tell you I had a single fried chicken breast and ate about half of it. And no I did not pull off the skin and throw it away, I ate it. Its the best part! (click here to see the menu and I challenge you to pick something healthy) On to Saturday, Well Saturday was not nearly as delicious as Friday but probably worse because we had chinese, cashew chicken to be exact. Nothing fried their but the brown sauce is not great and the sodium is off the charts. Sunday you might think would be a day of rest. Umm no. Sunday was grilled kabobs, potatoes, corn, and assorted sides. Well all in all the food was not horrible, but it could have been the 6 or so beers I had. Monday was better but still not great with a grilled burger, corn and potato.

So there you have it. A weekend that probably should have put me on the plus side of the scale but I some how pulled of a loss. I think probably it was the exercise. Had I not done all the things I did to work up a sweat I would have gained. I am happy with the result and look forward to a strong week this week without a holiday to lead me astray. Although we are headed to the Ballpark Friday. Well there will always be hurdles to get over. My job is to get over them with the best of my ability and move on.

Have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I don't think I could stop after half a piece of chicken unless I was under the weather or ripped out of my seat by the beam of a UFO! Good for you!

elife said...

Just stopped by for the first time. 72 pounds! So inspriring!

TB--Milwaukee said...

Chicken is good. The skin is the pointy part. Sounds like you had a good week, exercise?? It does help balance out the food.

Anonymous said...

It's not the chicken at Stroud's that gets you. It's the gravy!

Congrats on your wonderful progress so far.