Friday, May 9, 2008

Took till friday, but I am back on the wagon.

Well what can I say. I guess I should take my own advice. I should read my own blog as really it exists for the purpose.

I finally feel like I am back on the wagon today after just over a week off. I feel much better today and really had I just looked back I would have realized why I was feeling down and had so little energy. Going back to the gym this morning and getting on the elliptical for a half hour and then hitting the weights felt good. I feel much more awake this morning and feel like I am more ready to face the day.

A few observations of my time off the wagon. I seemed to eat out of boredom and depression more. The urge to snack was much greater than normal. I was just dog tired most of the time. Which makes me wonder, was that how I was feeling before? Was I really that tired? Was I that down? I am guessing probably not, but I can tell you that hoping off the wagon for a week will not be advised in the future. It is an extremely slippery slope that can lead you right back where you started pretty quickly. I personally feel a step off the wagon is fine. Any one of those meals I mentioned in my last post would have been fine but when combined I just hoped on the slide and pushed myself along.

I will not be taking the weekend off this week as I want to make sure to stay on track. My plan right now is to go to the gym, tomorrow (Saturday),Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. I will rest Wednesday and Get back Thursday and Friday. Then the following week I will be back on the normal weekday schedule. I hope to begin training for the 5K in the week of the 19th.

Thank you to everyone for the support and the kicks in the butt. I really needed it. This felt like a tough test and I am sure there will be more to come. I just pray that you will all be around to pull me back up when I fall again. I will be there for all of you.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Good luck this weekend, Matt!

TB--Milwaukee said...

It is just too easy to stop watching what you're doing.

A few days off the regular schedule has got me too.