Friday, May 16, 2008

Workin out

Well I had a fist this morning. I went to the gym and did something I have not been able to do just yet. First though I should tell you how this all began.

Each time I go to the gym I hop on the elliptical and do my best. When it all began I was doing 5-10 minutes before and about 5 minutes after my weight training. After a couple of weeks of that I talked to the trainer and she said I should be doing it all at once, so I began doing 20 minutes at a time and I am now up to 30 minutes on a level 3. All of this is pretty much trivial, but the cool thing is this. Every time I had hopped on before to day I would have to occasionally support my weight to catch my breath. Today, I never did it. I stayed with it the whole time. I burned my normal 700 calories and felt great. From now on the goal is not now have to do that anymore.

Also on a side note. When I began this process I was bench pressing a meager 70 lbs at 3 sets of 10. I know I know it is incredibly weak. You would be shocked how little you use your upper body when you weigh 400 lbs. The flip side of that is that I can do a leg press of over 350 lbs. Back to the bench press. I started at 70 and now I am doing 3 sets of 10 at 105. Thats a 50% increase in just a couple of months.

Whenever I start complaining again remind me to reread my blog. I was such a pansy a week or so ago. I just need to buck up and face it that there are times when you fall off the wagon and you just have to pick yourself up and hop back on.

2 comments:

Rick said...

I have to get the working out thing going. Saw your 7.4 pounds......... WAY TO GO.........

TB--Milwaukee said...

Dang, I need to start weight training. You're doing great!