Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Nervous for the first time in a long time.

Well weigh in day has arrived and I am a shade nervous.  Maybe not nervous but anxious.  Hard to tell the difference.  See I got up and for the first time I ran in the morning.  Like 5:20 in the morning. 

How beautiful it was this morning.  The moon and stars were still shining.  It was even a bit cool as I stepped outside.  Today's run called for 2.25 miles and I was able to complete it without much problem.  I am noticing some trends though.  Hills kick my butt is one.  My breathing has to be controlled and I am hesitant about steep downhill runs because of knee injury.  The breathing thing is interesting I have a hard time with it with all of my bulk shaking around as I run.  I think that it is just hard for my lungs to perform normally as they are being tossed about un-naturally.  Just a thought anyway.  My run today was 2.25  for 28.35.  That is a pace of 12:42 a mile, this is my fastest pace yet and longest distance.  I very happy with my progress and will continue to keep you updated.

Now, why am I anxious?  Well I have really busted my tail this week and I want to see what the scale says.  I still think I will be short of the 6.6 lb loss I need to get below 300.   Regardless I am pretty excited and honestly if I don't get there, I might just weight in Saturday morning to see if I can get there before the first Mizzou game.  That would be pretty exciting for me.  I cannot tell you the last time I weighed 2-something.  It is almost a dream.

5 comments:

...to Lose 55 Pounds said...

Hi there! I'm not quite sure how I stumbled on your blog, but glad that I did. It's nice to read a guy's perspective on the struggles of losing weight and getting fit. I, too, am a WW member and every now and then one guy comes to our meeting and I'm always so proud that he comes into an estrogen-filled room!

I started running (C25K) last month and am just starting my 7th week. I always say "...and I didn't die!" when speaking of completing a run...lol.

You are doing amazing and I'm sure you'll break the 300's very soon. Keep up the great work!

Kathy said...

You'll get there Matt! Good luck.

Andrew is getting fit said...

Good luck Matt!

new*me said...

keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on all your hard work! I'm rooting for you!