Monday, August 11, 2008

Not so great weekend - But a recipe idea!

So the weekend kind stunk in terms of eating right and being healthy.  I really need to curtail the snacking.  Which leads me to the question of the day.  How many points might a half a bag of doritos be?  OK so it may not have been a half bag, but they are gone now!  THANK GOODNESS.  Other than that.  Golf, beer and Chicken Lips from Tanners!  Golf is good, beer and lips not as great, but I really enjoyed them and probably stayed within points (or pretty close) yesterday.

Now for the recipe thought.  Jay and I were out on the course yesterday talking and he mentioned he had some really good chicken parm at Cascone's the other day and it got me to thinking about what I could do the make that dish halfway healthy and we came up with this idea.  Grill the chicken with some italian herbage, put a bit of sauce over it, and put a slice of provolone over that a broil to desired level of melty cheesy goodness.  But what about the pasta?  Well I think what I am gonna do is grill summer squash, zucchini, orange and red bell peppers, and onion put a rough chop on it.  Spray it with a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and hit it with some parmesan cheese and call it dinner.  I will post tomorrow with a photo and let you know how it turned out but points wise it will be in the neighborhood of  8-10 I would say. 

Enjoy your Monday! 

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

That sounds pretty good to me!