Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tag! Well ok I will play.

imageAlright I got tagged by SuperDave to tell 6 random facts or interesting things about myself. I am going to play along, but I am not sure how interesting this will be. However random I can do. In turn I think I will tag, Will, Craig, and Tony

1. I am a big fan of fly fishing. My buddy Jason and I stopped in Missoula MT for an impromptu fly fishing excursion and it is absolutely one of my favorite memories. Fly fishing is peaceful and exhilarating all the same time. The small trout that you catch on a fly rod on 2lb test line is pretty rewarding.

2. I am an IT guy by trade, but never really want to do anything with computers when I go home. I just prefer not to think about it. I would much prefer to do something with my hands. One day when I am rewarded with retirement I hope to take up woodworking and build furniture or something.

3. I can play poker for hours on end (if I am winning and have the cash to stay in the game). Hopefully I can get a game together soon. I miss playing cards. Once upon a time I was pretty good.

4. This is probably true of everyone who has written a blog, but I never thought it would really get read. In the great big world that is the Internet we found each other and the blogging community is a very cool and supportive bunch.

5. I lived in Gurnee IL during 2005-2006. I took a job as IT Manager at Community Trust Credit Union. I ended leaving that job to return to KC to be closer to my son. I am happy with my decision to return to KC but I regret leaving that job all the time. The was by far the best job I have had. It was a great opportunity with great people. Thank you to Madeline for the shot, I am just sorry I was not there longer.

6. Back when I was a kid I would run wind sprints with the likes of formal Kansas City Royals, Frank White, Amos Otis, George Brett, Hal McRae, and others. Back when I was a kid the guys would come outside the stadium to the natural grass to run before the games because at the time they had Astroturf on the field. I would guess they did not want to get injured, but I would also guess that it was much cooler on the grass. My dad always wanted to make sure we got there when the gates opened so we could see batting practice and maybe snag a ball or an autograph. That gave me the chance to run with my heroes of the day. Little did I know my hero was the one taking me to the game in the first place. Thanks Dad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag, Matt!

Matt Keeling said...

Payback for the OkSt Game! :-)