Friday, February 1, 2008

Success or a starting point?

So I am not sure what to do or what to make of my results for my pre-weight watchers diet. I went in a weighed for the fist time and I ended up at 385.2. Now these were 2 different scales and I was in shoes in one and not in another etc etc etc. Ok that is all fine and good but there is no way that a doctors scale and a WW scale can be that far apart. I am going to say that between my shoes and the scale that I may have been 4 lbs heavier than what WW says. Even so that is 11 lbs! Kick Ass! No one at the meeting knew it but I had just lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks. All I had done was to eat right, stop drinking Diet Coke, and drink a ton of water.

So back to the meeting first I would like to tell you that there was one other guy there. So I was not the only guy but it was us and about 20 – 25 women. Some were quite and shy other we forth coming with good advice and support. The common sense stuff I eluded to earlier was quite simple. We were talking about the upcoming Super Bowl and the parties that go along with such events. Well I think we know that grazing on chips and dip is not good. But as people who ate our way to the point where we are at it takes a bit of reinforcing. So that was discussed and some congratulations we given to some that had reached milestones. My first milestone is 10lbs and then comes 10% which will be 38lbs. I will be successful. I have no choice.

All that said I cannot tell you how much happier I am today. I lost some weight and I feel better. Mostly mental, but there is a bounce in my step and I feel ready to take on the world.

At a minimum I will be posting every week to tell you how I have done and what went right or wrong. Till next time.

No comments: