Friday, September 19, 2008

299, lets hope we are here to stay

And finally it is official.  I probably got myself in to trouble talking about it so much over the past several weeks and months.  Now though it is official and I am below 300 for the first time since I can remember I think it is pretty important to get comfortably below 300 so I never go back.

I look back at where I was and try to recall what all has changed.  Some things are hard to put a finger on, but I think day in day out I have more energy.  I know my body feels better, my knees hurt less, my sleep patterns are better, and just overall I feel more healthy.  I will say that mentally I am stronger overall, but even at 101 lbs down I am definately learning new things.  At some point complacency sets in and it is hard to overcome.  I am doing my best to make the right choice most of the time, but doing that all the time is just not realistic.  Maybe that is the way it should be.  Maybe that is a sign of "living a lifestyle".  

I have now lost over 100 pounds.  I am going to reflect a bit and get back at it.  If you are struggling I reccomend refelting and looking at how far you have come.  I might post a reflection post later.  Till then.   Thank you to everyone for all of your support.  I have a ways to go yet but I am not sure I could have done it without all of you guys!

17 comments:

Craig said...

Congratulations Matt. That's some impressive weight loss. You are right in that it's impossible to make good choices ALL the time. I think if you are 90% compliant with your program, the remaining 10% is not going to make that much difference. Again congrats and keep it going!

Unknown said...

Rock on, Matt! You're doing great.

TB--Milwaukee said...

That's huge. Congrats and keep fighting the good fight.

lj said...

what a great accomplishment! congratulations!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Matt! Congratulations!! I can't wait till I hit that sub-300 mark myself!

So do you have any new weight loss or health goals you're aiming for now?

Matt Keeling said...

Thanks to all for you comments!

Will, I will be doing the 5k, but I am going working towards 280 by Thanksgiving. I need to get on the stick, but that is the newest, yet to be made completely blog public goal.

Tony said...

What an accomplishment. 101 pounds is astounding. Keep it up!

Kathy said...

Two-ter-ville!!! You 'da man!!!

...to Lose 55 Pounds said...

YESSSSSS! I am so proud of you! Way to go!

Andrew is getting fit said...

Way to go Matt! You rock!

Cyndi said...

De-lurking to say 'way to go' for losing over 100 pounds! You have the right attitude - keep on keepin on even when you stumble. The pay off will be well worth it - you already know that!

Congrats!

Cyndi said...

By the way...I forgot to add that I am from Missouri - born in St. Louis, and my parents live in Stockton now...way down in the SW corner from you! Missouri is a great state!

SuperDave said...

Good Job Buddy! I know that it is only 1 lb, but you must admit that to say that you are in the "200's" feels great..
That's freakin awesome!
On side note: Sorry to all you non Football fans...
It is sad to say, but Tennessee got their butts kicked by Florida.. BlaH!!
BUT, Mizzou kicked a** again. If it wasn't for the 3 fumbles, Mizzou would've put up another 50!

SeaShore said...

Congratulations on your 101 lb loss!

tokyocowboy said...

You are inspiring and of course you should feel better since you are 100 lbs lighter. keep it up! We're here support you.

K @ Running Through Life said...

Congrats on the amazing weight loss!!!

new*me said...

that is amazing! 100 lbs lost is SO HUGE :) Keep going!