Friday, April 11, 2008

I am bit scared of the tailgating season.


This year for the first time I will be attending the Mizzou spring football game, the Black and Gold Game. We have had season tickets for 4 years and tailgating is almost as much of an event as the game is. So this being the spring game, I figured it will be a good time to figure out what to cook, what to snack on and what to drink. So lets just put it out there, I will likely have a couple of beers, but the beers I can control better than the food. So the question is... What is the right thing to bring? I am planing a veggie and fruit tray for grazing, but we will need meat. Preferably not of the sausage or brat variety. Brats come in at a hefty 7 points for a single brat. Who would have ever thought that 1 brat was a serving. I could have sworn it would have been 2 or 3 brats. So maybe grilled chicken, or possibly chicken boob tacos with mango salsa. If anyone in the blogosphere has any thoughts please let me know cause this is just a warm up. There will be 4 months of this coming in the fall.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Ball Park makes a Fat Free Hot Dog that is pretty good. 1 point each.
It's not a brat but it's something.

My husband actually went to Mizzou. We were in Kansas City for Christmas and bought a bunch of Mizzou t-shirts at JCPenney.

MamaMaven said...

How about kabobs with chicken and veggies. You can marinate them in one of the McCormick's packaged marinades and leave out or limit the oil. Pack them up in plastic bags and away you go!